Lancashire’s Employer of the Year
We recently decided to enter The Be Inspired Business Awards, the ‘BIBAs’ to test our business against the best in Lancashire.
The BIBAs is Lancashire’s largest and longest-running business awards programme run by the North and Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce.
Being shortlisted for the ‘Employer of the Year award’ was an achievement in itself, but they say that the BIBAs is ‘the one they all want to win’ and we did just that!
Entering the BIBAs is much more than just submitting a paper entry. When we made it to the finals, it was time for the judges to visit our office to get a first-hand look and feel of how our business operates.
The judges had a tour of our office and interviewed different members of staff as they walked around. They were looking for evidence of:
- An open, inclusive work culture
- Best practice and inspiring leadership and management
- Staff training, development, retention, and recruitment
- An Innovative working environment and staff facilities
- Encouraging young people into the business via work experience, apprenticeships or traineeships
The awards evening took place on Friday 13th September (not such an unlucky day for us!)
An excited team of 10 made up of our CEO Chris Reid and employees from all of our departments went off to Blackpool Tower Ballroom for the prestigious event. They were treated to drama, entertainment and fun as well as a sumptuous four-course meal.
They were having a fantastic night which quickly got even better as we were announced as the winners of the Employer of the Year Award.
By winning the Employer of the Year award, we feel that we’ve got the quality seal of approval.
We can clearly demonstrate that we have an exceptional commitment to skills and workforce development supported by excellent employment practices, rewards programmes and employee engagement.
Here are some photos of the night:
Here’s what some of the Connect Childcare team had to say:
“’It’s an absolute honour for Connect to have been recognised as Employer of the Year at this years prestigious BIBA awards. I really can’t think of a better award to win as our employees at Connect are the cornerstone to our success both now and in the future. Our team is aligned to a very strong purpose (Improving outcomes for children) and we’ve tried to build an open culture underpinned by shared values in order to achieve our goals. It’s fantastic to be recognised for this and we’re really proud to have won.'” – Chris Reid, Founder and CEO
“When I heard we had won it was like hearing the final whistle in 99 when United won the champions league 🙂 Elation and euphoria on a massive scale, proud of the whole Connect Childcare team for making the workplace an amazing place to be and for it to get recognised.” – Stewart Townsend, Interim CRO
“We are a fast-growing company which means we are constantly recruiting. Over the years we’ve put a lot of effort into becoming a great place to work. We have a great culture and I always feel proud to work here. I was excited when we became finalists but I couldn’t stop cheering when they announced us as WINNERS! What a fab evening, something which we will shout about from the rooftops.” – Caitlin Holmes, Marketing Coordinator
BIBAs Judges Video:
Like the sound of Connect Childcare?
If you would like to work for Lancashire’s Employer of the Year, check out our current vacancies.
Listed below are some of the employee benefits:
- 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays (3-day shutdown at Christmas) + Birthday day off. Increases with service
- Company pension – after 3 months you will be automatically enrolled on to our pension scheme with The People’s Pension (contributions of 5% employee, 3% employer)
- Bupa Health Cash Plan – after 3 months you will be automatically enrolled, this is to claim cashback towards everyday healthcare
- 5 Company-paid sick days per annum (post probation)
- Company-paid flu jabs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Free onsite gym
- Free fruit weekly
- Free lunch once per month for all employees
- A break-out area with pool table & games console
- ‘Connector of the Month’ award
- Twice annual company-paid events (at least!)
- Departmental nights out/team-building exercises
- Connect Sports & Social Club