Life at Connect with Sonia Hardy
Here at Connect Childcare, each and every one of us is passionate about the Early Years (EY) sector and about developing management software that improves the lives of children, globally.
In order to shine the spotlight on our wonderful team, we’ve created an employee Q&A series – enabling our readers to better get to know the people behind the scenes.
Next up, we have Sonia Hardy, our chief people officer.
- Tell us about your role at Connect Childcare in one paragraph:
As chief people officer, I’m responsible for driving the culture at Connect Childcare. I’m committed to ensuring that we attract, develop, and retain the very best people in our industry and that we provide them with a fulfilling and rewarding career – all of which means our customers receive a first-class service.
- Describe the culture and ethos at Connect in three words:
Motivated, progressive, and connected.
- What’s your favourite feature in Connect’s software suite?
ParentZone. As a parent of young children, it’s that kind of functionality that would give me real insight into their development. It would help me feel more connected to them and their learning journey too.
- What role does technology play in the future of the EY sector?
Technology is incredibly vital throughout the EY landscape. Not only does it simplify processes and procedures behind the scenes, but it also gives parents that much-needed connection with their children when they’re at nursery or with their childminder. Additionally, I love that it’s able to support and encourage the developmental skills in early childhood.
- How would your colleagues describe you in one emoji?
I don’t know what it is about this, but it makes me really happy, and I use it lots within the HR team.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a popstar like Kylie Minogue, but apparently I can’t sing, so I’ve parked that for now. I was also keen to be a vet!
- And as a youngster, what was your favourite children’s book?
‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ by Ann M Martin – I have the whole collection. I loved reading them and have now passed my copies on to my 11-year-old daughter, who I hope enjoys them like I did.
- Investing in nursery management software is a big decision for childcare providers – why do you think they choose Connect?
We not only provide a great product, but our customer service is fantastic. Using new technology can be very daunting for some, but our friendly, people-centric team makes this easy and straightforward as there’s always someone to help.
- Finally, what is one of your hopes for Connect over the coming year?
Connect has some really great things happening over the next two to three years – not only in terms of products and services, but also our culture and workplace. I’m really excited about what the future holds for the business and our people.