Meat-Free Monday: Breakfast Cookies
Today I wanted to go a little off track and share a recipe for the most important meal of the day – breakfast. Finding a healthy breakfast recipe on a budget that is also easy to transport can be a challenge, but these cookies are a great choice*.
Full of protein, vitamins, and fibre – these breakfast cookies will make the perfect healthy and nutritious start to your day.
You’ll be able to see a video version of this recipe on our Instagram and Tik Tok feeds too, so make sure to follow us for regular recipes, crafts, and activities.
*Although we are a childcare company, we’re sharing these recipes with our adult audience. If you are cooking for children in your care, watch out for the foods to avoid giving babies and young children. Find out more on the NHS website and adapt your recipes accordingly.
Roasted Vegetable Tortellini
Serves: 12 Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 150g oats
- 80g sunflower seeds
- 80g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 tbsp cranberries or raisins
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 80g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100ml oat milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Add all of your ingredients to a bowl and mix until a thick batter forms. You can add more liquid if the mixture won’t come together.
- Form into 12 balls and place on a baking tray. Press down slightly and then bake for 20 minutes at 180C.
- Serve slightly warm or cool.