Meat-Free Monday: Peanut Butter Veggie Quinoa Bowl
Hi Everyone, Imogen here!
Well, hasn’t it been a lovely weekend. It’s starting to feel a lot like spring, although snow might be on the way very soon!
After celebrating my mum’s 50th birthday this weekend with a pub lunch, I needed something packed with protein and lean veggies to get me back into the swing of things- and this peanut butter veggie quinoa bowl delivers. According to MyFitnessPal, this recipe comes in at 561 calories per serving and has a whopping 36.7g of protein.
The Vegetarian Butcher is a company championing sustainability by replacing meat with plant based alternatives. And I have to say, this was delicious!
This fun and easy recipe is a great way to get children eating vegetables, and it will provide a healthy family lunch or dinner idea throughout the year.
Here we go…
Peanut Butter Veggie Quinoa Bowl
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pack (160g) Vegetarian Butcher What The Cluck Chicken Strips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp water (more to thin sauce)
- Juice of ½ lime
- 4 babycorn
- 8-10 mange tout
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 40g broccoli
- 1 pack (250g) cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Mix the peanut butter, dark soy sauce, honey, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, and water in a bowl and whisk. Add more water if you want a thinner sauce.
- Add some oil to a frying pan or wok, and add your vegetarian chicken along with ginger and garlic paste. Add the veggies and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add a dollop of your sauce into the pan and stir to coat.
- Heat your quinoa in the microwave for 45 seconds and add to the bowls.
- Top with your stir fry mixture, finish with extra sauce.