Meat-Free Monday: Roasted Vegetable Tortellini
After a rather chilly end to February, we can all look ahead to longer and warmer days in March and beyond. This week, we want to encourage children to eat plenty of vegetables and an easy way to do this is by mixing them with a delicious pasta dish.
This is a meal that can be prepped and chilled in the fridge a few days in advance, and it will quickly become a staple for your midweek meals*. You’ll be able to see a video version of this recipe on our Instagram and Tik Tok feeds too, so make sure to follow us for regular recipes, crafts, and activities.
*Although we are a childcare company, we’re sharing these recipes with our adult audience. If you are cooking for children in your care, watch out for the foods to avoid giving babies and young children. Find out more on the NHS website and adapt your recipes accordingly.
Roasted Vegetable Tortellini
Serves: 5-6 Prep Time: 1 hour
- 500g mixed vegetables – butternut squash, courgette, aubergine, pepper, carrot, etc
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 250g spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 500ml tomato sauce (our recipe is here)
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Chop your vegetables into bite size pieces and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and mixed herbs. Roast at 220C for 40 minutes.
- Cook your tortellini according to package directions, and add to a pan with your cooked vegetables and tomato sauce. Warm through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.