Meat-Free Monday: Veggie Crunch Wraps
This week we are approaching spring time, and this recipe is a fun one for the whole family to try as the season gets warmer. Crunch wraps are a classic Taco Bell order, and there are so many different variation you can make yourself at home. With lots of protein and fibre, its a winner for a weekday meal and can also be a great crowd-pleaser at the weekend*.
*Although we are a childcare company, we’re sharing these recipes with our adult audience. If you are cooking for children in your care, watch out for the foods to avoid giving babies and young children. Find out more on the NHS website and adapt your recipes accordingly.
Veggie Crunch Wraps
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 300g meatless chilli (meatless mince, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes and spices)
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 tbsp sour cream and chive dip
- Doritos or tortilla chips
- Lay a tortilla wrap flat on a plate. Add your cheese slice, followed by chilli, lettuce, doritos, sour cream, and optionally a little extra cheese.
- To fold your tortilla – fold in from the sides creating a hexagon shape, making sure that the middle of the wrap is covered.
- Heat up a frying pan until hot. Place your wrap into the pan, folded side down, and toast for a few minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Slice in half and enjoy!