Meat-Free Mondays: Veggie Chilli Loaded Nachos
Hi Everyone, Imogen here!
Today I’m here with a crowd pleaser and the ideal ‘cheat meal’ with a healthy meat-free monday twist.
These loaded Nachos are not only packed with flavour and melty cheese, but they are also made with only the freshest ingredients with no nasty additives. The chilli can be made ahead of time and frozen in batches for convenience.
Here we go…
Loaded Meat-Free Chilli Nachos
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 400g meatless mince (I use meatless farm)
- 1 can red kidney beans or black beans)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 sachet chilli con carne seasoning (I use colemans)
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- Olive oil
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapeno slices (optional)
- 2 tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- To make the chilli, heat up some olive oil in a pan. Add your chopped onion and sweat for 5 minutes. Then add your meatless mince. Leave it for a few minutes to go crispy on one side, flip, and repeat. Once crispy, break it up and allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- Drain your red kidney beans or black beans, and add into the pan alongside your spice mix with 150ml water. Stir.
- Add your chopped tomatoes, bring to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- To make your nacho chips – cut your tortilla wraps into triangles, and toss in a bowl with some olive oil, paprika, and garlic salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 180C for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Watch them carefully as they brown quickly. Set aside.
- To make guacamole, mash your avocado in a bowl, add half of your lime juice, and season with a little salt. Chop and add half of your coriander, and optionally half of your jalapenos.
- To make salsa – finely chop tomatoes, and add to a bowl with the remaining lime juice, coriander, and jalapenos.
- To assemble, make a layer of nacho chips on a plate and add a dollop of chilli followed by cheddar cheese, add a second layer. Microwave for a few minutes or bake in the oven for 10 minutes until melted.
- Top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.