Staff Spotlight – Charlotte Woods
Here at Connect Childcare, each and every one of us is passionate about the Early Years (EY) sector and about developing management software that improves the lives of children, globally.
In order to shine the spotlight on our wonderful team, we’ve created an employee Q&A series – enabling our readers to better get to know the people behind the scenes.
Next up, we have Charlotte Woods, software training and development coordinator.
- Tell us about your role at Connect Childcare in one paragraph:
I train customer support advisors, internal members of staff and customers. I also manage the uploading of helpdesk articles and training videos as well as roll out further training when new products or features are introduced.
- Describe the culture and ethos at Connect in three words:
Family, supportive, values-led.
- What’s your favourite feature in Connect’s software suite?
ParentZone is just fantastic. As a parent myself, I know exactly what information I want to be receiving about my child’s development. Customers always tell us how easy to use it is and I love how everything about your child’s day is at your fingertips.
- What role does technology play in the future of the EY sector?
Everything! It encourages settings to embrace a paperless world and means they won’t lose key documents. It also makes their entire admin processes swifter and less manually intensive. All of this means they’re able to spend more time with the children and prioritise their development, rather than spend their time worrying about updating spreadsheets.
- Share an interesting fact about yourself that many people may not know:
There are two elements to this – I was American-born and adopted by British parents. So, I’ve got Rhode Island and Lancashire roots! I still keep in touch with my birth parents and we visit one another every couple of years too.
- How would your colleagues describe you in one emoji?
🤗 – happy, chirpy… loud!
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A primary school teacher. I did nearly go into this profession when I was a nursery manager around 13 years ago. My parents also fostered children and owned a nursery too so childcare has always been a key part of my life growing up.
- And as a youngster, what was your favourite children’s book?
‘The enormous turnip’ – one of the really old Ladybird books. I read it with my dad until the pages were falling off.
- Investing in nursery management software is a big decision for childcare providers – why do you think they choose Connect?
When they receive the product, they get the care they need straightaway. We take things at the customer’s pace too and if they need assistance, they know they’re able to come to us and receive second-to-none support.
- Finally, what is one of your hopes for Connect over the coming year?
To continue to provide the best possible customer service and keep growing – both as a business and in our software provision.