Do you love working with data?
Would you like to work on an almost greenfield data project in a really rewarding industry sector where you can have a real influence on the direction we take?
At Connect Childcare we’ve just started our data journey. After many years as the UK leader in nursery management systems, Connect and our 3000+ customers have collected a wealth of data relating to millions of pre-school children and their development.
Over the past year, Connect Childcare have been looking to create a new offering to harness the power of this information. Connect want to carefully share this data with existing customers, industry groups, government bodies and many other stakeholders to help “improve the lives of children, globally”.
We’re looking for a hands-on Business Intelligence (BI) Lead to co-ordinate our small data team and bring our information to life. Reporting to the CIO, the BI Lead will assist in the design, creation and management of the Connect Childcare data platform.
Requirements for the role:
- Experienced in BI technology stacks and MS SQL Server
- Exposure to AWS data technologies and/or other data visualisation tools e.g. Power BI, Tableau
- Demonstrable understanding of data modelling and database design
- Experience in a BI development environment and strong proficiency with SQL
- Sound Interpersonal skills (written and oral) and a confident communicator with all stakeholders
- Ability to lead technical teams and mentor junior staff
- Knowledge of building data warehouses/data lakes
- Skilled in use of APIs and middleware technologies
- Up-to-date with data industry & related technologies and legislation
- Manage day-to-day running of the data team and a small number of data projects.
- Co-ordination and management of project tasks (attending stand-ups, providing status reports).
- Collaborate with teams including Infrastructure, Product, Dev/QA and Security on company initiatives
- Hands on building of a customer facing reporting platform
- Provide guidance across project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, support and BAU).
- Help define and champion the Connect data platform both internally and externally
- Be the point of contact for escalated issues and helping unblock impediments
- Provide hands-on BI/Data technical assistance where required.
- Data platform solution design & architecture
What does the team do?
We build and sell nursery management software to the biggest names in the Early Years’ sector. We are the publishers of mobile apps, web apps and even large enterprise ERP systems
Who are we?
Connect Childcare, an award-winning and sector-leading software company with a flexible working culture, based in Lancashire but remote-friendly
What we offer:
- Holiday allowance – 32 days holiday including statutory days (increasing with service), a day off for your birthday and your work anniversary, holiday buy and sell scheme
- Lifestyle – Flexible hours, remote working, free parking
- Training – Great development opportunities
- Wellbeing – Bupa Health Cash Plan, EAP, Cycle to Work scheme and free onsite gym
- Food – For those who wish to go in, free fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events – Fantastic company culture and regular funded social events
Recruiter’s head’s up: absolutely no agencies or unsolicited CV’s for this role please.
Please note: the Company is currently working remotely but when our office re-opens the role will involve some working from our Head Office in Nelson, Lancashire.