Content & Social Media Executive
Who are we?
Connect Childcare, an award-winning and sector-leading software company with a flexible working culture, based in Lancashire
What does Connect do?
We build and sell nursery management software to the biggest names in the Early Years sector
We are looking for an energetic and innovative content & social media exec to join our team and drive content engagement across web and social media.
You will be responsible for executing effective content and social marketing initiatives and plans to communicate and engage with our target audience.
You will work closely with the Product, Sales and Marketing teams and you will be seen as the social wizard – keeping our audience warm and highly engaged. You’ll keep a close eye on our competitors and develop regular feedback and analytics into the team from this. You will increase engagement across social media and help us increase our reach across our blog, website, social channels and more.
As a key backbone to the team, you will also have a strong hand in formulating content, whether short-form written or longer form white-paper style content – building “lead magnets” to help us engage our audience and provide leads to the sales team. You will also take your content hand to our existing whitepapers, guides, and downloads and audit these with appropriate updates to the necessary content as needed.
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum of 1-2 years content or social media marketing experience
- Background in copywriting
- Experience in marketing analysis
- Familiar with content marketing tactics (e.g. social marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics or similar)
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, HubSpot & Hootsuite
- Marketing or business qualification at degree level (or similar) is desired but not essential
- Awareness of product development, software and app releases advantageous
- Early Years experience and knowledge would be beneficial but not essential
- Prepare and manage the social media calendar
- Create and manage organic social media campaigns
- Create and edit content, images & videos to use on social media
- Engage with followers and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Help optimise paid and organic social campaigns to maximise conversions
- Measure and report on campaign success
- Stay up to date with new digital technologies and social media best practices as well as relevant news trends
- Actively monitor presence on all social media & website platforms for key competitors
- Help research and evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and industry awards
- Compile industry-relevant blog posts & downloads (ebooks/whitepapers)
- Work with the Sales team to identify projects which could form part of our case study offering
- Liaise with customers to source material for case studies & produce engaging content for case studies
- Assist in creating and distributing regular targeted e-mail campaigns
- Maintain various directory listings with the relevant product, case study and news updates
- Other ad hoc tasks to support the wider marketing team as deemed necessary such as competitor analysis, auditing of our website’s content, admin tasks and event support
- Collaborative skills: You will need to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the Sales and Marketing department, Development, Product Management, PR Agency and senior managers
- Communication skills: The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products and messaging, for various marketing channels
- Engagement skills: A crucial part of this role is to increase our audience engagement, warming them up so when they are ready to purchase software, they think of Connect Childcare first
Find out more about our business here: https://www.connectchildcare.com/about-us/
What we offer:
- Holiday allowance – 32 days holiday including statutory days (increasing with service), a day off for your birthday and your work anniversary, holiday buy and sell scheme, Bank Holiday Flex scheme – take statutory days when suits you
- Lifestyle – Connect Flex: work where and when suits you best (to be arranged with line manager & fit in with team)
- Training – great development opportunities
- Wellbeing – Health Cash Plan, EAP, Cycle to Work scheme and free onsite gym
- Benefits – Company pension scheme, Critical Illness Cover, Death in Service
- Food – for those who wish to go in, free fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events – fantastic company culture and regular funded social events
Recruiter’s head’s up: absolutely no agencies or unsolicited CV’s for this role please.
Please note: the Company is currently working remotely but this role is contracted to our Head Office in Nelson, Lancashire. Flexible working available.