Development Engineer (SQL/Backend)
Connect Childcare are looking for a Development Engineer (SQL/Backend) to join our team.
Essential Requirements and Experience:
- Application development with VB.net
- MS SQL Server 2019.
- Strong T-SQL Stored Procedures with business logic.
- Experienced in APIs and integrations.
- Source control (GIT ideally).
- Work within an agile team to develop and maintain the Connect Childcare suite of business management applications.
- Bring good release management awareness.
- Document processes & system changes within a product knowledge repository.
- Participate in work package technical analysis and estimation processes.
- Provide scalable solutions for existing and new platform offerings.
- Become a technical subject matter expert for areas of the CC systems
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and carries through to a positive outcome.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with other business areas to define solutions.
- Help support with complex tasks and 3rd line customer queries.
- Report time and task progress accurately.
- Help create a fun, healthy and productive team culture.
Who are we?
We’re Connect Childcare, an award-winning and sector-leading software company with a flexible working culture, based in Nelson but remote-friendly.
What we’re offering:
24 annual holidays plus statutory days, day off for your birthday, day off for your Connect anniversary, free parking; free drinks and fruit when onsite, Cycle to Work scheme, flu vouchers, Bupa health cash plan. Two organised events per year, lunch provided once a month and onsite Gym.
Recruiter’s head’s up: absolutely no agencies or unsolicited CV’s for this role please.
Please note: the Company is currently working remotely but when our office re-opens the role will involve some working from our Head Office in Nelson, Lancashire.