Junior/Graduate UI/UX Designer
Connect Childcare are looking for a Junior/ Graduate UI/UX Designer to join our team
The UI/UX Designer role will be researching and analysing the design and user experience in our product suite. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team designing graphic elements and building navigation components that will continuously improve and problem solve.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that improve our products and help us grow our customer base.
Requirements for the Role:
- A degree in design or user-focused related subject or relevant experience
- Graduate or few months experience in a UI/UX Designer
- Portfolio of work
- Experience with design software and knowledge of wireframe tools
- Able to build mocks/prototypes that can be exported for developers to render
- Team spirit & strong communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Strong skills in responsive design for mobile & tablet as well as for desktop products
- Aware and aligned with current and upcoming UI trends
- Experience in designing with accessibility concepts built-in
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- User testing and understanding of the product
- Develop UI mock-ups that clearly illustrate functionality and look & feel
- Mobile-first approach and user-centric designs
What does the team do?
We build and sell educational management software to the biggest names in the early years’ sector. We are the publishers of mobile apps, web apps and even large enterprise ERP systems.
Who are we?
We’re Connect Childcare, an award-winning and sector-leading software company with a flexible working culture, based in Nelson but remote-friendly.
What we’re offering:
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary (dependent upon experience)
- Workplace pension
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- 24 days holidays + 8 Statutory Bank Holidays
- Day off for your birthday and Work Anniversary
- Free onsite parking at Head Office
- Free onsite gym
- Fresh fruit and drinks on site
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Two organised social events per year
- Lunch provided once a month
- Flu Vouchers
Please note: the Company is currently working remotely but when our office re-opens the role will involve some working from our Head Office in Nelson, Lancashire.
Recruiter’s head’s up: absolutely no agencies or unsolicited CV’s for this role please.