Product Marketing Manager
Do you want to join a team that provides outstanding leadership, strategic direction and support to some of the best nursery providers in this country and worldwide?
Connect Childcare have been providing Nursery Management Software since 2004 – please see our career page for why you should come and work for us: https://www.connectchildcare.com/careers/
We are excited to be recruiting for a new role of Product Marketing Manager, to join our team and drive product marketing.
You will be responsible for developing effective marketing strategies and plans to communicate new features and benefits to our customers. You will be working closely with the product, sales and marketing teams and you will be seen as the ‘voice of the customer’. Keeping up with industry trends and actively researching the changing needs and experiences of our customers in order to influence the product roadmap and marketing strategy.
You’ll need to have a minimum of 2-3 years product marketing experience, with a love for Early Years Childcare and ideally experience within the Early Years Education Sector, although not a necessity.
- Build on product messaging that sets our products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point. Follow and analyse market trends to position products.
- Communicate the vision and value of products to the sales and marketing team and develop materials to facilitate the selling process. You will be required to speak and present products to both external and internal audiences.
- Plan and participate in the launch of new features/services which may involve several different departments. Translating technical details into benefits for the user. Creating content such as user guides, case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts.
- Brief PR Agency about new and exciting products/updates.
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data. Present any sales opportunities.
- Be a product representative at a mix of events.
- Respond to app store reviews in a timely manner and manage the online community using the brands friendly tone of voice, feeding back to the product team with any issues/suggestions.
- Agree on timelines and deadlines for the development of new products with product management and create a customer-facing roadmap which will be presented to the board and key customer accounts.
- Managing partnerships and collaborators to produce regular content for a resource hub for parents accessing the ParentZone app (ParentHub).
Collaborative skills: You will need to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the sales and marketing department, development, product management, PR Agency and senior managers.
Communication skills: The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
Research skills: A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 2-3 years product marketing experience
- Background in copywriting
- Experience in market analysis
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics or similar)
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Marketing or business qualification at degree level (or similar) is desired but not essential
- Aware of product development, software and app releases advantageous
Salary / Benefits Package
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary (dependent upon experience)
- Workplace pension
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- 24 days holidays + 8 Statutory Bank Holidays
- Day off for your birthday and Work Anniversary
- Free onsite parking at Head Office
- Free onsite gym
- Fresh fruit and drinks on site
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Two organised social events per year
- Lunch provided once a month