Software Engineer (F-2)
Connect Childcare are looking for a talented frontend Software Engineer to join our team.
If you like the idea of working with new technologies, the idea of keeping your software projects up to date with the latest and greatest or simply the idea of being asked to innovate and produce new features that enable Software to impact young lives in a positive way within the education industry then you probably want to talk to us.
You’re skilled in:
- Skills and experience in one of the big three (Angular, React, Vue). We use Angular, React & React Native
- Experience of AWS
- Develop to RESTful standards
You might have other advantageous skills like:
- Backend with node or .Net Core a definite advantage
What you will do:
- Work within a collaborative, agile environment with the goal of developing and maintaining the Connect Childcare suite of Nursery management applications
- Document processes & system changes within a product knowledge repository
- Participate in work package technical analysis and estimation processes
- Provide scalable solutions for existing and new platform offerings
- Become a technical subject matter expert for areas of the Connect systems
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and carries through to a positive outcome
- Has a passion for technical expertise and new technology
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborate with other business areas to define solutions
- Report time and task progress accurately
- Help create a fun, healthy and productive team culture
What does the team do?
We build and sell educational management software to the biggest names in the early years’ sector. We are the publishers of mobile apps, web apps and even large enterprise ERP systems.
Who are we?
We’re Connect childcare, we want to make the World’s best early years software and we want you to have the best time doing it.
We’re an award-winning and sector-leading software company with a flexible working culture, based in Nelson but remote-friendly.
What we’re offering:
24 annual holidays plus statutory days, Flexible hours (around core office times). A day off for your birthday, a day off for your Connect anniversary, free parking; free drinks and fruit, Cycle to Work scheme, flu vouchers, Bupa health cash plan and free onsite Gym.
Please note: the role will currently be fully remote due to the pandemic; will be a mix of home and office-based working after it is fully safe to do so.
Recruiter’s head’s up: absolutely no agencies or unsolicited CV’s for this role please.