The 21 Day Wellness Challenge
Your mental health matters.
Here at Connect Childcare we truly believe in the power of happiness so we’ve created a new challenge to encourage our peers across the childcare sector to practice some self-love!
As we launch our staffing hub with lots of useful resources for those in the early years sector, we also wanted to take some time out to focus on our mental health and wellbeing. That’s why we are excited to announce our new 21 Day Wellness Challenge!
Each day there will be a small wellbeing task for you to complete, ensuring that even on the busiest of schedules you take a little time out to look after yourself. And it’s not only you who will be completing this challenge – our team here at Connect will be taking on the task too, and you can follow us on Instagram to see how we do!
Have you seen our new wellbeing eBook? Alongside this fun challenge for spring, we have compiled 15 fun mental health and wellbeing activities for you to try. These activities will work to help you change your habits for the better and promote good mental health. Download it for free today.
Week one of our wellbeing challenge is all about fueling your body for a healthier day, as well as bringing some fresh air and movement into your day.
Our Top Tips:
- A stir fry is an easy way to get 5 different veggies into a satisfying meal
- Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube has a whole host of free practices to try
- Sitting in your garden can be a wonderful way to see some wildlife
Week two focuses on some of the ways you can take time out after a stressful day and relax. Resetting the mind is a powerful thing, and should be something you make time for if you begin to feel overwhelmed.
Our Top Tips:
- If you struggle to sit and read, play an audiobook while you have a warm bath
- You don’t have to be an artist to draw, just play around with colour and see where it leads you – or follow a tutorial by an artist on YouTube
- Exercising outside can be anything from a walk, run, jog, or even a workout class in your garden – any physical activity counts as long as you are moving your muscles
The final week of our wellness challenge involves some fun activities you can do at the weekend as well as encouraging you to connect with the ones closest to you. Oftentimes we find it hard to make time for our friends, but connections like this are so valuable and even a quick phone conversation can make all the difference to your mental health.
Our Top Tips:
- Infused water is super easy to make, and we have a couple of great recipes with health benefits in our Wellbeing eBook
- Baking can be a wonderful creative escape, and sugar helps to release happy hormones!
- Listening to 5-10 minutes of meditation before you go to sleep can help your brain and body relax into a healthy slumber
If you try our wellness challenge this April, be sure to tag us on social media with the hashtag #ConnectWellness and let us know how you do!